Thursday, November 9, 2000

Veteran's Day

Tomorrow is Veteran's Day, the holiday in which we honor our soldiers who have served in wars throughout history. Some wars were worth fighting, some were stupid, but our soldiers put their lives on the line nonetheless. Veteran's Day has become less commercialized than some of our other holidays, which probably marks the respect many people still feel for it.



On a private note, this is a national holiday, and schools are closed, so Kelly is home today. Jean and I are splitting the work day (neither of our places of business is closed) to be with Kelly. I have the morning with her, though she is still asleep as I type. When she wakes up, we'll go out to breakfast together at a nearby pancake restaurant. After we come back, I'll play with her until Jean returns, then go to work.



At work, I'm meeting my friends Burr Shaw and Robin Albrecht to go out to lunch, thus totally blowing my dietary restraint for this one day! Oops, I hear the patter of little feet. I'll post more later. http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/Tower/8476/

No comments:

Post a Comment