Tuesday, November 21, 2000

Holiday Early Start

I'm at home right now, waiting for my whole wheat bread to be done. It's been too long since I last did this. The bread is going to be flatter than it should. I think I killed the yeast during the first rise cycle with a too-hot oven (I usually set it on 'warm' to give the yeast a nice home). Even so, it will still be a rich bread, meal-unto-itself, but it won't be crumbly, fluffy stuff as well. Too bad.



The chili is done, and Jean had some with her lunch. She says it was good, but needs to 'marinate'. The spices and juices soak into the tofu and mix with the beans and tomatoes to give a much richer taste after 24 hours in the refrigerator. I look forward to eating it tomorrow.



After the bread comes out, I'll head on down to work to spend about ninety minutes doing strength training in the campus gym. I find it helps my back, forestalling and sometimes even preventing back problems. It definitely reduces generic chronic pain. When that is finished, I'll stop by the office for a couple of hours to do some self-study work. I think I'll also add a builtin to IC Station to query the application's window and visual IDs (under X Windows).

No comments:

Post a Comment