Thursday, November 23, 2000

The Return of Flower Girl

We had an interesting Thanksgiving Day meal this year. Instead of Jean and Kelly and I sitting down together to eat our afternoon meal, Jean and I were joined by Flower Girl. She had come in from the cold to visit Kelly, and Kelly decided that Flower Girl looked too thin. So Kelly stayed in her room, and Flower Girl joined us at the table. Flower Girl looked remarkably like Kelly, except for the petals surrounding her face. And the petals surrounding her face looked remarkably like a ring of pink fabric formed by placing the remains of a lycra skirt on her head. But there you go. "qbullet.smiley"



After enjoying her meal, which consisted of:




  • Turkey with mashed-potato gravy
  • Mashed potatoes with butter
  • Part of a yam
  • Homemade chili
  • Blueberry muffin
  • Vanilla icecream and pumpkin pie


Flower Girl visited with us for awhile. Jean then drove down to Mentor to go for a walk in the woods, and Flower Girl and Kelly took turns watching cartoons on the couch with me. I thought it strange, but I never saw Flower Girl and Kelly in the same room together.


[puts on glasses] "I'm Clark Kent!"

[takes off glasses] "I'm Superman!"

[puts on glasses] "I'm Clark Kent!"

[takes off glasses] "I'm Superman!"

[puts on glasses] "I'm Clark Kent!"

[takes off glasses] "I'm Superman!"

[with a peeved look] "HellOOOooo!"



Anyway, Jean returned, and I went out for my exercise. When I returned, Kelly was in the room with Jean. Kelly informed me that Flower Girl had gone home. It turns out that Flower Girl visits but once a year, during the main meal on Thanksgiving Day. I look forward to her next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment