Saturday, November 11, 2000

Home Work

I brought home my book, the GTK+ Programming Bible to read this weekend. So far, I haven't had the time, or when I've had the time, I haven't had the inclination/energy. Which is a shame, since I think this will be pivotal to some of the work I'm going to be doing in the next few weeks.



Carsten and I have been doing research and prototyping for extensions to the functionality of our product, and Ernie, our once-again manager, seemed really excited by the demo we gave him on Thursday. On Friday morning when I came in late (after watching Kelly while Jean worked), I found that he'd been dragging various people over to show them the demo in Carsten's office as well. So now we are greenlight to develop the techonology. The only problem is that they would like to ship the minimal implementation in January. Gaaahhh!



This is so classic and typical of work at Mentor. I go for weeks working on routine stuff, doing research on the side, then the avalanche comes and I'm swamped for several weeks. I can go a month with no interaction with most of my coworkers, when my taskload is light, and then, when the storm hits, I have tons of work, and everybody needs me to interrupt it to help them. Such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment