Sunday, November 12, 2000

Back Pain

I went to bed last night with back pain. Tight muscles around the floating ribs near the spine. This morning I woke up, they were worse. After having a light breakfast, I'll draw a hot bath and soak for awhile, then take some aspirin. I'm pretty sure I strained it lifting Kelly wrong a couple of days ago, but it doesn't really matter. I don't think it is going to blossom into a full fledged spasm. The most disappointing aspect is that I was going to work out at the gym at work tomorrow, but that level of activity is out of the question for now.



Coincidentally, today was going to be the day to shop for an office chair to use with the computer in the 'den'. Jean has been saving money to that purpose, because she knows I have a bad back, and we currently have a mere folding card chair. We don't have enough money to buy an Aeron, or the Leap chair that I have at work (both on the order of $750 MSRP), but anything is bound to be an improvement over the cheap thing we have now.



We were going to go to Staples, and it's true that they have a wide selection of office chairs. But I suggested that since I was going to Costco anyway, Jean and Kelly might want to come along and check for chairs there. The selection will be smaller, but the prices will be lower as well. Since my premise is that any office chair will be an improvement over the card table chair we have, I don't think a huge selection will be much of an advantage anyway.



I'm off to draw my bath! "qbullet.smiley"

No comments:

Post a Comment