Tuesday, November 28, 2000

Corner Desks

Office supply stores are a good place to find a middling-cheap task chair, as I can testify sitting here typing away. But they seem to suck pretty good at supplying any other furniture.



My search for a corner desk has skidded to a halt for now, since I've tried every name brand office store in a reasonable driving distance, and found desks that were either too small or too expensive. In a lot of cases, I'd find a price tag that was in line with my expectations only to discover that it was for a fragment of the assembled desk. Sheesh.



Jean has suggested that we also check the local Target and Fred Meyer, as well as branching out to the "real" furniture stores. But since I want to keep the price to $200 or less, I think the "real" furniture stores are out of the loop. Maybe I'm just being unrealistic. But this attitude does come from a guy who once built a computer desk out of particle board, 1X4's and screws. Go figger.

[That desk was the computer desk for my first computer, a Commodore 64, which served me well as an introduction to Computer Science]

No comments:

Post a Comment