Friday, November 17, 2000

Lemurs

Lemurs are my favorite primates. Don't ask why, it's encoded in my bones. Jean has jokingly suggested that we should have a family crest whose animal (rampant, I presume) would be the lemur. For my birthday, Jean and Kelly bought an Oregon Zoo Zooparent sponsorship for a lemur.



As such, I thought it worth noting that scientists have found three hitherto unknown species of lemur in Madagascar:




'It is incredibly rare to discover a new species of primate, let alone three new species,' said Steven Goodman of the Field Museum of
Natural History in Chicago, who participated in the study. Other participants were from Germany and Madagascar.
http://www.nandotimes.com/noframes/story/0,2107,500279404-500438292-502803831-0,00.html

No comments:

Post a Comment