Tuesday, November 7, 2000

Medical History Redux

I just got off the phone with Dr. Selby's secretary. I'd dutifully left a message with Dr. Selby's office to update my history with the fact that my grandmother definitely died of colon cancer, and his secretary just called back to say that he wanted to have me come in and talk about it.



There isn't much to tell, just that my sister said in an email that my grandmother did die of colon cancer, and my mother might have died of same. But that does put me into the statistically at-risk group, so he wants to talk to me, then possibly set up a referral to talk to a gastroenterologist about it.



Does this mean I get an early colonoscopy? I don't know yet. I'll keep y'all updated as I find out. Oh, and thanks again, Brenda. "qbullet.smiley"

No comments:

Post a Comment