Sunday, November 12, 2000

Boys, Girls and Rules

I wish I could remember the source of this, and a search of the Internet yielded nothing. But I recall hearing this report, which summarized a study of the game-playing habits of boys and girls in semi-organized games on a playground. The study centered around conflict resolution by boys and girls.



The research concluded that whenever there was a conflict relating to the game, boys and girls reacted differently. Girls it seemed, preferred to resolve differences in a personal way which removed the source of the conflict. Boys, on the other hand, faced with conflict, preferred to argue about the rules "qbullet.smiley".



Over time, I've realized that this is totally on the mark. For an example from my own life, read my musing, "Boys, Girls and Rules".

No comments:

Post a Comment