Wednesday, September 30, 2015
Another thing I discovered: eat spicy pork and tempura for dinner, and you might as well have gone out drinking. Did not sleep well last night!
Sunday, September 27, 2015
Tuesday, June 16, 2015
Friday, June 12, 2015
Friday, December 19, 2014
"In real life there's probably a common-sense answer to this dilemma, one that involves lawyers and escrow accounts. But this is not a blog about real life, it's a blog about cryptography. And if you've ever read a crypto paper, you'll understand that the right way to solve this problem is to dream up an absolutely crazy technical solution."
Zero Knowledge Proofs: An illustrated primer - Matthew Green
Sunday, July 6, 2014
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to Calculus - Spivak is a well-known author of a current calculus text. This is his overview of the field, a speedy introduction to the concepts.
- Calculus, 4th Edition - Spivak's latest textbook on the topic.
- Schaum's Outline of Calculus, 6th Edition - an outline of the topic with tons of completely worked example problems.
- Calculus: Early Transcendentals Plus NEW MyMathLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package (2nd Edition) - what appears to me to be the textbook at OSU for this fall.
- Paul's Online Math Notes - this set of notes over a course of calculus is recommended on math.stackexchange.com.
- Khan Academy - this is the online material on differential calculus at Khan Academy.
- Calculus: Basic Concepts for High School - a textbook written in Russia, covering the basic concepts of limits and integrals at an accessible level (if a bit quaint).