Tuesday, December 12, 2000

Winter Is Here

Two sure signs of winter. Snow in Oregon. Flu in wife.



I came home early last night because I couldn't gauge the severity of the road conditions. Stacy got called home to Newberg by his wife, which is when I noticed that it was snowing. Now granted that the snow is always worse in Newberg than Portland Metro, but I didn't want to take the chance, having neither snow tires nor chains. So off I skidaddled.



When I arrived home, I found out that my wife had been trying to call me, to come home early. Seems she started throwing up around 4pm, and got worse from there. So I took care of Kelly last night, and did all the Kelly-get-ready-for-school chores this morning. I made an appointment with Dr. Selby for Jean. She said she was feeling well enough to drive the short distance to his office, so I dropped Kelly off and came to work. I'll cut out for a long lunch so that I can take Kelly from kindergarten to daycare, and then check on Jean.



Whether I come back to work in the afternoon depends on weather and health (Jean's if she needs supervision, mine if I'm only a few hours behind Jean in getting whatever-it-is). I'll post Dr. Selby's verdict when I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment