Friday, December 22, 2000

Selective Holiday Coverage

I've noted holidays in this web log which are celebrated in our family, or at least ones we are aware of. For instance, while we are aware of Labor Day due to it's being a 'national' holiday, I don't think you could say we celebrate it. But Halloween and Thanksgivings Day have been covered here, and I think I'll have a few things to say about Christmas.



The reason I mention this is that there will be a number of holidays which I remain silent about. Hannukah is one of them. The reason in this case is that I was not brought up Jewish, and it really doesn't impinge on my life. There is no insult intended. So if you don't see your favorite holiday mentioned here, please assume it is due to my lack of experience of said holiday, not some exclusionary agenda.



I think I'll find the time to post over the Christmas weekend, regardless of the in-laws visit, but if I don't, Merry Christmas to anybody who cares!

No comments:

Post a Comment