Monday, December 4, 2000

DSL == Delayed Somewhat Longer

Here's a missive launched by my ISP's sysadmin/owner just yesterday:




From support Sat Dec 2 10:32:04 PST 2000

Subject: DSL Service


I just got the following message from my DSL wholesaler. The words I
have for the short notice are unprintable. I've sent individual mail
to the current DSL subscribers, and I've contacted another wholesaler,
but for now, I've no way to offer DSL service. FYI...

"As you probably know by now, IWBC's network is down due to financial problems. Like many Internet companies, we are dependent on investor funding and are currently experiencing difficulty receiving capital that was previously committed to us.

"Our frame and DSL service is expected to shut down next week. Please take immediate steps to transfer your frame and DSL customers to another provider. All hosting accounts must also be moved.

"We apologize for the inconvenience."


I have yet to write to the sysadmin to ask what I should do with the DSL modem sent to me by the collapsing wholesaler...

No comments:

Post a Comment