Friday, December 15, 2000

Ten Days to Christmas

Kelly is keeping the watch for the arrival of Christmas. This will intensify soon, because today was the last day of Kindergarten until after Christmas. She won't be at home that whole time, because Jean works and takes classes. So she'll be going to Kid Connection (daycare) part of the day for Monday through Thursday of next week.



Friday of next week, Jean's parents are arriving. They asked if they could come spend Christmas with us. Me, I prefer just Jean, Kelly and me. A nice quiet intimate Christmas. I don't like crowds, irregularity, schedule blowups. In short, I'm an extreme introvert who values his privacy deeply. But I bit my lip, because they are Jean's parents, and because Kelly loves visiting with them.



So since Kelly's schedule is changing significantly on Monday, she'll be receiving the signal that the season of jolliness is nearing. We'll begin to hear "is it Christmas?" not every few days, but every day. Finally, we'll hear it two or three times a day, until Christmas Eve, when I'll finally be able to say, "tomorrow, Kelly, tomorrow."

No comments:

Post a Comment