Wednesday, December 27, 2000

Napster's Fate

Just a really short note. While talking with Jean's father about Napster, I realized that I was truly anxious to hear the outcome of the deal between Napster and German media conglomerate Bertelsmann. I want to have the option of a subscription service that would allow me to legitimately download songs for a fee.



Things I would pay for:




  • montly fee for all-you-can-eat downloads, up to $10 per month.
  • MP3 format, playable on all my computers and a portable, such as the Rio.


Things I wouldn't pay for:




  • streaming media only (no permanent, portable file).
  • proprietary format which won't play on my hardware.
  • format which will play on only one machine.
  • monthly fees in excess of $10.


There you are, Mister Recording Industry Middleman, make my day! http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1005-200-4276794.html?tag=st.ne.1002.tgif.ni

No comments:

Post a Comment