Friday, December 8, 2000

Nomic

In "Boys, Girls and Rules" I talked about (some) boys' fascination with rules. I can't believe I didn't mention Nomic as an example. If I've mentioned this game in other News Items, I apologize for the repetition, but it is just too perfect an example of rules for the sake of rules to pass over.



From an entry in Memepool, I've got a bunch of related games:




  • Fluxx, "The Card Game with Ever-Changing Rules"
  • New Eleusis "is a simulation of scientific research. The general idea is that the dealer (in the role of ``God'' or ``Nature'') thinks up a rule that governs the correct play of the cards. The other players (``Scientists'') take turns playing cards (``performing experiments'') and race one another to see who can come up with a good theory about the rule."
  • 1000 Blank White Cards


No comments:

Post a Comment