Sunday, December 24, 2000

Momentary Lull

I have a momentary respite to put together these posts because Jean, her parents and Kelly have gone to afternoon Christmas services with communion at some local Lutheran church. I make no pretense about religion, so I didn't attend.



I'm sure this makes Jean's parents uncomfortable, but I don't want to pretend in front of Kelly. I've tried to be honest with her, and tell her that she and her mom should feel free to do the god thing. I don't know what effect this will have on her as she grows up, but I think it's better than lying to her or putting up a big front about being a religious pillar.



When everybody gets back, it will be time to eat leftovers(tm) from today's lunch. We had baked chicken, cranberry sauce, dressing, the usual junk food. We bought it all prepared at the local grocery store. Quite nice not to have everybody running around the kitchen like crazy folk.

No comments:

Post a Comment