Thursday, December 21, 2000

Kellyisms, Part One

Jean and I were just out for a walk around the Mentor nature trail, and we were talking about Kelly. Apparently, last night while I was at work doing my self-study routine, Jean and Kelly had a confrontation which escalated until Kelly began crying. Jean told Kelly that she should go to her room, and Kelly refused. Jean then threatened to "send a toy to Toy Jail."



It seems that Kelly decided to call Mom's bluff. "That's never going to happen!" she said. Jean did not follow through, which I think is a fatal mistake. I told her that Kelly would be minus one toy right now if I had been there. We'll see how that plays out in the near future.



In any case, it got me to remembering some of Kelly's recent growth. An example. Sometimes she doesn't like what I have to say, like "pick up your toys or I'll throw them out." For the longest time she would say things like "if you don't stop that, I'll never talk to you again." But I had the perfect rejoinder. I'd say "promise?"



So now she has refined her routine. Now she says:




If you don't stop that, I'll never talk to you again... But I'll still bug you.


No comments:

Post a Comment