Friday, December 15, 2000

Atlantic Monthly

I'm still in the midst of my experiment with the magazine The Atlantic Monthly. I bought my second issue at the grocery store last week and I've just started to work my way through it.



One thing I like about the magazine is that they don't take their feature article and slice it up into a half-dozen segments scattered throughout the pages. I've never liked that about magazines, where they cluster the first two or three pages of an article near the front of the magazine then banish the bulk to the back with all the other orphaned end-stories. I guess I like each story in the magazine to be contiguous like a chapter in a book.



I'm currently in the middle of an article by William Langewiesche, about the wine critic, Robert Parker, Jr (The Million Dollar Nose). I'll write more about that in a later essay or news item, but suffice it to say that it is fascinating. I'm beginning to think that maybe a subscription is not out of the question. And the two-year subscription rate works out to less than 75 cents an issue. Such a deal "qbullet.smiley".

No comments:

Post a Comment