Monday, October 30, 2000

Reading to Kelly

Kelly's in one of her phases of working through books that are a bit beyond her age. In the past we've had success reading some of the Narnia books to her, such as The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and The Silver Chair. But some of these books click with her, while others just leave her cold.



I've tried reading Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone to her, but while she was initially enthusiastic, she didn't last long enough to get to Hogwarts. "qbullet.smiley"



So we just worked our way through Ralph S. Mouse read by me, and Harriet the Spy read by Jean. More surprisingly to me is the new book that Kelly and I are reading: The Fables of Aesop. This is not any kiddie-fied version, it is the regular Penguin paperback. She just keeps me guessing.



P.S.: Kelly's first day back at school under the 'new regime' went well. Mrs. Wentzell said she was a "new person". We shall see if she is able to sustain that behavior, and indeed if Jean and I are able to sustain our 'iron wills.'



No comments:

Post a Comment