Friday, October 6, 2000

Life Is Just A Bowl Of Cherries

What a mixed bag my life is. Last night I got more sleep than the
previous, so I'm here at work (on lunch break, thanks), but I
still coughed so hard and long that I sprained a muscle in my
ribcage. I can still breathe, but some stretches and turns are
painful.



On the other hand, this morning I went to Dr. Levin to have the stitches
removed from my gum graft (periodontal surgery can be such
fun). He practically cooed over the success of the graft. So
according to him, the danger area now has enough tissue to "last a
lifetime". Considering my dodgy health, that could be less time than he
intended ;^)~



So the second (and hopefully last) graft, on the opposite side of the
lower jaw, won't happen 'til 'next year' (January, ouch). I don't know
whether it's a good thing or a bad thing that I now know what to
expect.



My regular dental hygiene visit should be a barrel of laughs this time. That's next Tuesday. Then as if I wasn't getting poked and prodded enough, next Friday is the semi-annual physical exam. Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment