Monday, October 9, 2000

Fall Is Here!

The rains have started in earnest now; aside from a natural phenomenon being in earnest, this is the usual sign that Fall has arrived in Oregon. I moved here for this.



Now I get treated to several weeks in a row of lazy steady showers, drizzles, mists and downpours. Not too many thunderstorms, which is something I miss about the Midwest, but that's the only thing I miss about the Midwest.



My wife has been coming down to my workplace for a few months now, around lunchtime or in the afternoon, to join me for a walk through the small woods located on campus. This I enjoy a lot. Now with the rain, we get to walk through the woods and hear the frogs croaking from the bushes. Wow.



If I ever kick this cold (if it is a cold <suspicious glare>) I'll start up running again. And let me tell you, running in the rain is the very best thing for the spirit. Don't think discomfort, you're gonna take a shower afterwards anyway. Think swooping through a corridor of falling gems, surrounded by a gentle, restful sussurus of white noise, courtesy Mother Nature. It is 'the bomb'.



Gotta finish lunch and get back to work. 'Bye now.



No comments:

Post a Comment