Monday, October 30, 2000

Food Talk

While I eat my lunch, allow me to share the menu with you. Some background:



I'd been getting busy and real lazy about meal prep, and had taken to running to McDonalds for a burger when working late or doing late studying at the office. In addition, the company cafeteria makes really good soups (I love soup!) but rich.



So around the time of my cardiac adventure, I weighed myself, and I was up to 214 pounds. My normal active weight should be closer to 190. Oops. So I started prepping all my meals ahead of time to take to work. Some of this is modelled after Dr. Bob Arnot's Revolutionary Weight Control Program, a book I bought and had some success with a few years ago when I was training for running.



Since I'm lazy, I'm sticking to a fairly simple diet, with steady exercise (I never really gave up on the exercise, but it was harder when I tore my ankle up). So here is a typical workday diet:



Breakfast




  • Protein bar
  • 1 cup oatmeal with powdered skim milk, lightly cooked
  • 1 caffeinated pop (don't like coffee)
  • Lots of water


Lunch




  • 3 oz. fish
  • 1 apple
  • 1.5 cups raw vegetables (brocolli, cauliflower, carrots, celery...)
  • 1 small corn tortilla
  • Lots of water


Snack




  • 1 non-caffeinated pop
  • 1 Hershey's Kiss "qbullet.smiley"
  • Lots of water


Dinner



work version



  • 1 cup pinto beans, al dente
  • 1 Hershey's Kiss
  • Lots of water


home version



  • 0.5 cups refried beans
  • cooked vegetables
  • 1 cup V8 Healthy Request vegetable juice
  • small homemade bread
  • 1 glass red wine
  • 1 Hershey's Kiss
  • Lots of water


As you can tell, when I'm home I allow myself a lot more. Also, on weekends, I'm a bit easier on myself. Still, it seems to be working. It's been around a month, and I'm down to 206 pounds. Pray for me! "qbullet.smiley"



No comments:

Post a Comment