Tuesday, January 29, 2002

Why a Duck?



Friday I rented Duck Soup and Horse Feathers with my own money* because Kelly said she wanted to see some Marx Brothers. Of course my own enthusiasm tainted my decision. I should have rented just one.





Sunday afternoon we all sat down with popcorn to watch Duck Soup, supposedly one of the best of their films. Less than an hour into the movie, Kelly was fidgeting, and tried to squirm onto my lap. I was shifting my weight at that moment, and she slid to the floor. For some reason she decided to throw a wobbly over this, but the upshot was we ended up stopping the movie.





Eventually things calmed down, and I went to start the movie again. Kelly was dead set against it. "It's too slow," she said. So Jean and I went on to do other things, and Kelly started watching All That on Nickelodeon. I blame shows like this for making the Marx Brothers seem 'too slow'.





*: $3.98 at Blockbuster's .



No comments:

Post a Comment