Sunday, January 6, 2002

Multitasking Redux



I managed to pass Thursday, Friday and Saturday not playing Final Fantasy X. The rest period was very helpful. One night, Thursday, I think, I was downstairs in the 'family room', and I was trying to get the Haskell Graphics Library working with my Mac OS X iBook. I've got XFree86 installed, and Mac OS X is a BSD (Unix) based OS, so I had hopes that I could get the graphics working under X. But while I've managed to leap several hurdles, I ran into a dead end on Thursday (multiple defines of _initModule), and I need more time to resolve it. I knew I was into trouble when I discovered that Mac OS X treats shared libraries and dynamically loaded libraries differently.





While doing this, I had my ReplayTV playing Godzilla vs. the Cosmic Monster. As if that wasn't enough, I had ICQ running, and was holding a periodic conversation with Tom, Alan, et. al. on various topics, including what movie we were going to see on Saturday (which turned out to be Imposter, based on the Philip K. Dick story of the same name).





I do love a multitasking evening!



No comments:

Post a Comment