Sunday, January 20, 2002

Ex-Files



It's official, the X-Files is ending this year. Not everybody cares for this show, but for many of it's nine years, it was my favorite show on television.





It started slumping seriously last year, and this year, creator Chris Carter has been trying hard to recapture his core audience. Unfortunately, I think he mistakes who his core audience is, since most of the episodes this season focus on government conspiracy, one of my least favorite aspects of the show. Additionally, there has been a tendency to make the show more ensemble oriented, and the trend shows no sign of slowing. Robert Patrick and Annabeth Gish try hard, but I'm not really interested in seeing them 'role-reverse' Mulder and Scully.





So much as I hate to say it, nine seasons is definitely enough. I've got a show on tape I haven't watched for a week. I expect I'll catch all the remaining episodes, but it's more out of a sense of nostalgia and closure than anticipation any more.



No comments:

Post a Comment