Wednesday, January 30, 2002

<em>Still</em> No Sign Of Land!



I've lost track of how long it's been since I've gotten stranded in Macalania Wood (FFX reference). I put it aside since I couldn't figure out how to get past the monsters, and got killed twice. I have now even resorted to checking some walkthroughs on Gamefaqs.com, and they all uniformly agree "the fights are tough". Thanks alot for that tip. I browsed one of those tip books at Fry's this evening, but no more help there.





Anyway, I assumed that I'd set some time aside to try getting past it again tonight after putting everybody to bed, but I got sidetracked. I bought a film scanner today (yeah, I know, I said no more toys). It's a Canon Canoscan FS2720U, and will scan negatives and slides. I'm currently trying it out with our generic Point and Shoot (P&S). Here are the samples, covering Kelly's birthday, Christmas, and some Summer shots too!





The initial short story is that negatives from Kodak mailers have lots of scratches! But Photoshop to the rescue, and it's almost hard to tell. The second point is, film scanning is slow compared to uploading digital photos. And of course, P&S photos are not all that impressive to begin with. But it's still a way for me to get those photos from our camera up on the web when I find them appealing.



No comments:

Post a Comment