Monday, January 14, 2002

Nothing Happened This Weekend



Jean and I saw a movie together while Kelly was visiting her friend Trinity. We saw The Royal Tannenbaums which was much better than I'd set my expectations for. It was unusual in that a sizable chunk of the movie was narrated (by Alex Baldwin), rather than directly revealed in the action. It didn't really tell a story so much as present a lot of episodes in the life of a dysfunctional family. The larger than life characters and extended family reminded me a lot of John Irving.





We picked up Kelly afterwards, hanging out for awhile with Sari, Trinity's grandma. She's a cool person, and Jean and I both get along well with her. She works at a food testing laboratory, and has recently taken to giving us food product from the test lots. We got about a dozen salad dressings a couple of weeks ago, and this time, she gave Jean a couple of bags of yeast. I joked "let me know if you get some wasabi."





She went running into the other room, and emerged a few moments later with a container of dry wasabi! I was just joking, honest!



No comments:

Post a Comment