Monday, January 14, 2002

Breakeven



I'm about to reveal a fact which may shock some of my family not familiar with the current game console market. A new game for the PS2 can cost around $50. There, I said it. Why is this relevant? Because with such a price tag, one might occasionally want to know if they've gotten their money's worth.





I crossed the twenty hour mark of cumulative gameplay on Final Fantasy X this weekend. For me, a general benchmark of value is seeing a movie in a theatre. This is because I enjoy going to movies so much. Currently, movies at matinee prices in the Portland Metro area run $5.25. An average movie runs around two hours. So twenty hours of gameplay is ten movies, or $52.50 of tickets. Voila, I am even!





Disclaimer: this benchmark does not take into account the quality of movies I have seen.



No comments:

Post a Comment