Tuesday, July 8, 2003

Terminator 3

I used the last of my vacation today to go see Terminator 3 (I hope to see either Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas or The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen this weekend).

What can I say? James Cameron could have made a better movie, had he been so inclined. Even some of the more talented 'franchise' directors would probably have been able to top this version, directed by Jonathan Mostow, whose last theatrical outing was U-571, about a fictional mission by U.S. sailors to steal an Enigma machine from a German U-boat. That was a rather annoying movie even after discounting the blatant removal of historical fact.

Big bangs, generally uninspired car chases, and weak attempts at humorous self-reference (see the bar scene, for instance) lead me to believe that even the NOVA gang would have had one or two nappers during the viewing. I don't feel cheated, after all I only spent six bucks, but I don't feel rewarded either.

Hoping Sinbad is better...

No comments:

Post a Comment