Tuesday, July 29, 2003

Cha Cha Cha

Mentor offers the occasional extracurricular activity, such as a Summer Picnic, a Cinco de Mayo party, that sort of thing. Recently they've begun offering six-week mini-classes in various forms of dance. The last class, which we missed, was for waltz. This time around it is for cha-cha.

I knew I would suck horrendously as I have the coordination of a spastic corpse, but I still thought it might be fun, and would be a chance for Jean and I to hang out together. So I brought it up to her, and she agreed to come to class with me. So Tuesday nights, for one hour, we learn a new cha-cha each week. After six weeks, the class is over.

This is going to be a looooong class. I had a lot of fun trying to learrn the Travelling Cha-Cha, but it was pretty sad watching me trying to keep up with the instruction. I intend to practice a little each night, but next week it will be an entirely different dance, so even if I work out the steps for this one, I get a brand new opportunity to trip over my own feet next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment