Friday, April 6, 2001

PS2 First Impressions



I spent around a half hour last night fiddling with Bust A Groove
2
. On the face of it, a very simple game. I won't go into details, but the goal is to match button presses on the controller to the beat of the music (in 4/4 time). Press the arrow keys on the left of the controller during the first three beats (as directed by the game), then a symbol key from the right side of the controller on the fourth beat (again as directed by the game). Miss the beat/keypress synchronization and your dance character actually stumbles! Keep up, and your character rewards you with smooth moves "qbullet.smiley". Given my extreme lack of
coordination, it will be a long time before I get my game characters
dancing smoothly.




I didn't try Tomb Raider III at all yet, since Kelly was upstairs
by herself and I didn't want to completely abandon her. I played the
Onimusha demo, and I have to admit that the graphics of a game
coded directly for PS2 are much smoother than those in the games
I bought, which are both coded to PS One standards.




Why was Kelly alone upstairs, you ask? Subject of the next article
"qbullet.smiley".



No comments:

Post a Comment