Sunday, April 15, 2001

Jesus Christ Superstar



I'm just plain evil. Or anyway strange. I was explaining to Kelly what the Judeo-Christian facet of Easter was all about, and got to the part where Jesus goes back to Heaven. For some reason Kelly decided to sing (sing-song voice) "bye, bye!" That stuck in my head. I didn't immediately know why.





However, as we were driving down to Mentor for our walk, it occured to me. You could do an almost perfect drop in replacement of the Passion Play into Bye Bye Birdie! I just about cracked up with the image of the young Ann-Margret as Mary Magdalene, doing her 'hysterical seductress' shimmy dance and singing "Bye byeeee JEEEEsus!"





Anyway, consign me to whatever circle of Hell you think I belong in. To the Hollywood talent scouts, I offer this idea free and clear. Maybe someday computer technology will have advanced enough that we can do this thing with the original actors



No comments:

Post a Comment