Friday, April 13, 2001

Bust-A-Groove, Meet The Flintstones!



Yesterday evening I was wandering around the kitchen and living room while waiting for my dinner to come out of the microwave. Feelin' kinda bouncy, I was movin' to the beat, ya know? Humming to myself, I didn't really give it any thought, but it caught Kelly's attention, sitting at her personal mini-dinner-table eating and watching Cartoon Network.





"Do you like The Flintstones or not?" she asked. Kind of puzzling, since I have made a big deal before about how much I despise the show. You know, the usual exaggerated histrionics, the "Ewww! I hate that show! Change the channel!" kind of light show that Kelly enjoys when I put it on. So I was puzzled.





"You know I think it sucks, so why do you ask?"





"Well, you're singing the Flintstones song," she replied.





Ye gods, I am not, I thought. But what exactly was I humming? After a moment's thought, I recognized the tune. It was from one of the game levels of Bust a Groove 2! So I told Kelly that's what I was humming. She gave me a dubious look.





After dinner I dragged Kelly downstairs and showed her the game, running through a couple of practice rounds. Then I did a competition round and coincidentally hit on just the tune I'd been humming. "That's the tune! That's what I was humming, Kelly," I told her.





The moment of her reaction is an example of why I'm sorely tempted to buy a Canon Powershot S100. Also known as the "Digital Elph", this camera is the size of a pack of playing cards, and is sufficiently small and light, that you can carry it with you all the time, to get that shot you don't want to miss.





So I'm sitting there, having informed Kelly that the tune she is hearing on the PS2 is the one I was humming upstairs. Now I discover that Kelly has a new patented look: surprise mixed with amused condenscension. Am I that tone deaf?





'Scuse me, I gotta go practice in the shower now .



No comments:

Post a Comment