Saturday, April 14, 2001

Easter Parade



They shoulda left me home. This morning we went with Kelly to the local grocery store, Haggen, to participate in a 'parade', which consisted mostly in following someone in a bunny suit past the various stores in the complex housing Haggen as owners and employees handed out candy. Before all of this started, the costumed crony was posing with kids, getting their pictures taken. It was taking awhile.





I must have been getting bored, because I saw 'Bunny' leaning over a carriage, and I turned to Jean and said, "look! The Easter Bunny is blessing their child!" I started cracking myself up, and held up an invisible baby, saying "Easter Bunny, bless mine!" Jean tried hard to look as if she wasn't with me. Later as we marched past the various stores, I commented on our 'million egg march'. There were other cracks after that, but I won't belabor the point.



No comments:

Post a Comment