Thursday, April 14, 2005

Torn Between Two Food Groups

Jean's got a vote in for Sweet and Sour Chicken, so I'll have to make that first, but I can't wait to try this Curry recipe. It's really a curry base, to which you add the 'something' of your choice. But chicken is pretty much the main currency around here, so Curried Chicken it is!

I love curry. I haven't been to an Indian restaurant in yonk's ages, so I've evolved the rather trashy habit of making faux curry sauce to have with my veggies. It's really simple. Get a little jar of that red curry paste that every whitebread supermarket stocks in their 'Asian foods' section. Put a dollop on your plate (not too much!), cover it with ketchup, and mash it all together. Voila! Instant skanky curry!

The thought of making a scratch sauce that actually resembles an Indian curry makes me all warm and fuzzy inside!


No comments:

Post a Comment