Friday, April 29, 2005

Growth

I came into the den to listen to Extraordinary Machine, the unreleased album by Fiona Apple that is supposed to be a work of genius (it isn't, but it's good). So Kelly followed me in, wearing headphones and listening to a CD I'd burned for her maybe six months ago. At the time, she didn't know what to make of Several Species of Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict. Now she thinks it's hilarious.

I'd enjoy her musical growth more if she wasn't singing along with every damn song on the CD, all while Fiona is singing to me. Now she's rendering a fractured version of Stand. Earlier it was It's Your Thing. I don't know what's next...

Update



It was We Will Rock You. Now she's looped back to the beginning. "Hmm, hmmm, uh something ... Run Rudolph!" It's like having Rain Man in your room while trying to listen to a new album.


No comments:

Post a Comment