Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Back to My Roots

This afternoon I returned to Dr. Lampert's office for a three month checkup on the root canal he performed. He was concerned that the bone surrounding the root had been eroded by bacteria, and wanted to see it after some time had passed. I was very nervous, worried that he'd see further damage and need to do 'something'. He took a pair of x-rays and gave me the verdict.

Unfortunately, the most he was prepared to say was that things had not gotten worse. This is exactly what he hoped for. Apparently, three months is not long enough to see if bone is regrowing in the damaged area. The purpose of this visit was to observe that the damage was arrested. I'm to visit him again in three months, and yet again three months after that. Only then will I know what the verdict is. Fun, huh?


No comments:

Post a Comment