Sunday, April 24, 2005

Sweet and Sour Chicken

Jean is feeling better, the stars are aligned right, and I don't have any more errands like sick computers or dead microwaves, so today marked my first attempt at preparing Sweet and Sour Chicken. Another high effort recipe, but pretty much worth it if I do say so myself.

Today was mega-calorie day, as Jean ordered a pizza to reward herself for making it through another week of fourteen hour shifts folllowing a cranky nurse. She had gastroenteritits last week, is now running nonstop again, and to add insult to injury, doesn't really have time to eat dinner during these torture shifts. So the pizza was both a reward and an attempt to put on some weight again. Pizza for lunch, S&S Chicken for dinner... The only thing she failed to follow up on was a threat to get a milkshake. I failed you, Jean!


No comments:

Post a Comment