Wednesday, January 3, 2001

Whither Terebi?

I'm sold on weblogging, after three months using the weblogs.com facilities. It's fun, makes me reflect a little on my life, and let's me share my thoughts with friends and family in a single forum. By my count, today is the three month anniversary of Terebi.



But it is a free service, and free things have a way of going away. On today's Scripting News, Dave Winer (the host of weblogs.com) reflects:




We started our hosting services when "business models" promised to reward us for capturing users in some way, on the assumption that we could turn some of them into paying customers, someday.


He then notes that Pyra, hosts of Blogspot.com, another 'free' weblogging service, are asking their users for donations to buy new servers. I tried out their service when I was experimenting with weblogging, but I didn't care for their interface. Nevertheless I wish them luck.



After reading Dave's quote above, I sent him an email letting him know that I would pay to use this site and it's services (at most $5 per month, if you're curious). He thanked me for the feedback. Let's just hope my price curve and his meet. Thanks again for the ride so far, Dave "qbullet.smiley".

No comments:

Post a Comment