Friday, January 5, 2001

Quiet Before the Storm

I took off early from work (we have a thing called FTO--flexible time off--which lets me take fractional days off). The idea was to hit Costco this afternoon to pick up some specialty items I get there, like protein bars. That way, we could do an early grocery trip to Haggens tomorrow, and then shoot off to the car broker to close the deal on the Honda.



Things went smoothly and I'm here typing and eating a snack. Here's my culinary insanity: homemade bread with soy butter, water and a glass of Pinot Noir wine. Ever the connoisseur, I. "qbullet.smiley"



This all follows the hour of playing grab and squeal with Kelly. Apparently couches are 'safe'.



I heard from Jean that our little experiment of letting Kelly eat breakfast at school is not going smoothly. Apparently, on her second morning, today, she sat there not eating until her class bell rang, then tried to make the teacher wait while she nibbled at her food. Of course, Mrs. Welch wasn't having any of that. So we're going to give her a few more days to get into it, and if she has more bad days than good, we'll pull the plug on the experiment.



In the meantime, Kelly is conducting her own experiment, trying to see how many interruptions I can handle and still write this article. I think we just found out "qbullet.smiley".

No comments:

Post a Comment