Wednesday, January 17, 2001

Breakfast Club Meets Peyton Place

I've been watching Kelly at her Bridgeport breakfasts, and I think she's working things out. Her friend Brianna was sitting with her when I left yesterday, and yesterday evening she affirmed that they had eaten together.



I was worried that she was eating alone, because initially she was chattering to Brianna (according to the teacher) without actually taking the time to eat before class started. Her teacher Mrs. Wentzell had to separate them initially.



Brianna has a cousin named Johanna (I've since determined) who elected herself Brianna's guardian, practically dragging her away from Kelly so she wouldn't "get in trouble." This kid is about a year older than Kelly and Brianna, and so damn earnest in a stool pigeon sort of way that I just let it go.



So yesterday was apparently a turning point, if Kelly is to be believed, since Johanna didn't 'intervene' in Kelly and Brianna's little breakfast club. More on this as things develop...

No comments:

Post a Comment