Saturday, January 27, 2001

Tonight's Music

If you've never heard of Danny Elfman, he is most recently known as a film score composer. He's done the music for movies Batman, Darkman, Peewee's Big Adventure, Good Will Hunting and many more. On television, he's done the theme for Tales From the Crypt and The Simpsons.



But before he was a movie composer, he was the creative genius behind Oingo Boingo. This was a pop band with a seriously goofy attitude during the 80's. So tonight I'm listening to a song which is credited to Oingo Boingo, but which was also the theme to a very popular movie of the 80's, Weird Science.

Before that, if you didn't think that was strange enough, I was listening to After the Flesh, by My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult. This song was featured in the movie The Crow, and was the song which made me seek out more music by the group. I've got their album Confessions of a Knife, but this song is from Napster. Deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment