Tuesday, January 23, 2001

Toy Jail Gala Opening

This morning was the grand opening of the Toy Jail(tm).



Kelly decided that eating breakfast at school wasn't so much fun after all. They didn't let her play with her friend Brianna while eating breakfast (or not eating it, as the case may be). So yesterday she started back on the breakfast-at-home gig. Yesterday she dragged her heels, and ended up eating very little.



This morning she tried it again, and I could see a trend developing. So I told her that she had to eat what was on the plate or be punished. Time came to leave, and she hadn't made a dent in it. I told her, "looks like it's time to open up the Toy Jail." She tried to tell me what I could and couldn't take, but of course I wasn't having any of that. I decided to go easy on her, and didn't take her 'very favoritest' stuffed animal, her huge stuffed dog. Instead I took a stuffed unicorn which I know she likes.



There were no screams or tears, so I guess that's good. It could mean I didn't choose well enough. Tonight I'll explain to her how to parole her unicorn ("eat your breakfast every day when told for one week"). If that doesn't work, unicorn goes on a long trip to the Goodwill truck at Fred Meyers. Next animal will then be big-stuffed-dog.



Reports as things develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment