Thursday, January 8, 2004

There and Back Again

Well, I finally made it into work. Not for a full day, more like a half, but I was able to bring some of my notes home with me in case we get iced in again. The trip down was more or less as I predicted, though generally without incident.

Returning home, I spent a lot of time on the highway, as there was some sort of accident north of Tualatin which had vehicles backed up south of Wilsonville. When I finally got into Tualatin, it was as if every turn I made added twenty percent to the difficulty of the road. On Umatilla, my own street, I was gunning it and fishtailing, and finally raced the engine up the driveway into my garage. It's 34 degrees right now, so if the temperature manages to hold, we may escape without further icing. But I'm not holding my breath.

Hope tomorrow is easier driving (or driving at all).

No comments:

Post a Comment