Sunday, January 25, 2004

Catching Up

I haven't posted in over a week, and truth to tell, nothing interesting has happened. I could note how my nefarious plan to corrupt Kelly is coming along nicely -- she now spontaneously sings snippets from Bohemian Rhapsody without prompting, mostly "let him go! WE WILL NOT LET YOU GO", and her own version of Fugue for the Tinhorns ("I got the horse right here, his name is Paul Grameer") -- but other than that, I got nothing.

I've been absorbed by my project at work, wherein I'm rapidly approaching a self-imposed milestone, but have low confidence of reaching it. Maybe a month late, and given that I've got more time after that for the entire project, I'm not truly worried, but I like to hit my own deadlines... When I get home, I find myself pretty much intellectually drained, and so I end up goofing with Kelly, jabbering with Jean, or just watching bad made-for-tv SciFi movies.

I came down with a touch of something flu-ish this weekend for variety's sake. Saturday I had a light breakfast and began to feel nauseous (it was home-cooked oatmeal, so don't point that food-poisoning stick at me). That went on for the entire day, though I was able to take Kelly swimming, and go grocery shopping with the gang. By nightfall, I was running a very low fever and shivery, so I went to bed mucho early, listening to my iTunes library for company. Total food intake Saturday was the oatmeal in the morning, and two slices of dry toast in the evening.

By this morning I was feeling a bit better. In the late morning I ate another slice of dry toast and a banana. Late in the afternoon I was able to eat normally, which is to say a plate of vegetables and some fresh-baked cod. I'm feeling almost whole now, so I'm tempted to call this a 24-hour bug, except that I'd been having stomach cramps on and off the entire previous week. Does this qualify as too much information?

More evidence for a virus is that Jean went to bed early this evening feeling under the weather as well. I hope Kelly doesn't get in line for her share, but she's been remarkably hale since her early childhood. Thanks for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment