Wednesday, January 7, 2004

Can I <em>Please</em> Go to Work?

Tuesday I drove to work slowly in snowy weather. After awhile, as noted before, I drove home in freezing rain. I worked from home, and again yesterday, assured that the roads were nasty, and walking on ice sucked. But I'm running out of things I can do remotely. I wanna go in to work. Right now, the street outside my house is again a sheet of ice. I'm gonna wait until it gets brighter outside, then start thinking hard about whether I wanna risk a drive.

If experience serves, the roads are crappy and unsafe for six or so blocks, then they get just crappy, then the highway will be just fine, then the feeders around work will be just crappy, then the parking lot will be crappy and unsafe.

Updates later as I have 'em!

3 comments:

  1. I feel your pain Don. I actually slipped and slid my way into work today only to find they closed the site today AND tomorrow... (sigh). I wanna work too! And you're correct, main roads are alright, it's the side streets that are bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. That's how it was here on Wednesday and why I stayed home. See... it's another reason that you guys have to move to Seattle *grin*
    Oh, wait, that was me thinking of moving down there...nevermind =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure, Seattle is fun to visit, but unless I got a job at Microsoft, I'd have a hard time making a move. Guess you're just gonna have to come down here!

    ReplyDelete