Monday, March 19, 2001

Get Out The Vote

Just can't get enough of that democracy "qbullet.smiley"! Saturday was
"NOVA"'s annual elections, and I actually had a lot of fun. I took tons
of pictures, which eventually got culled down to 12 which I published on
the web. Three of my friends are officers for a year. Poor blokes!




After the meeting, since nobody had had a chance to go out and get
something to eat (we were all waiting on the results, which were held up
because there was a tie between the two Prexy candidates, and one of
them had gone to Kinokuniya's to buy Japanese comics "qbullet.smiley"),
we went to Carrow's restaurant. As it turns out, this is the regular
gathering place for several "NOVA" members after a meeting. I never knew
this, because Tom, Alan, James, John and I typically either take in a
movie or go to Tom's apartment to watch more anime or Hong Kong Kung Fu
flix.




As we began showing up, it soon became clear that there were going to be
over twenty people from "NOVA" showing up to eat. We ended up getting
the 'banquet room', and constructing a makeshift round table out of the
various small tables in the room. I ordered the meatloaf sandwich, and
wore my plastic insert to cover the spot in my palette from which the
skin graft for my periodontal surgery was taken. It worked fine, and I
had fun chatting with various members. By the time I had eaten and paid,
it was 11 pm. I got to bed around 11:45.



No comments:

Post a Comment