Thursday, March 15, 2001

Do Not Taunt Flippy Pages

As I suspected, simply changing the formatting of the RU weblog template didn't prevent it from overwriting entries made via the forms interface. This is disappointing, since the only real attraction to using the RU weblog is that I could compose and store a series of posts on my iBook offline, then mirror them to Terebi. When not near my laptop, I'd still be able to use convenient desktop machines to post via forms.



Given this fact, I think I'll be reverting to the News Items format soon. And since there is no advantage to using Radio Userland to post interactively to Terebi, I'll probably stop using it until Dave Winer makes it a condition of having Terebi on his servers. Then I'll most likely switch over to Terebi II.   8:20:04 PM


This morning I posted an article to Terebi via the Web forms interface. Now I'll post an article from the Radio Userland 'mirror to Manila' interface. I fully expect the forms-based entry to disappear.   7:50:22 PM



No comments:

Post a Comment