Saturday, July 30, 2005

Reunion

Yesterday I travelled to NW Portland to meet my Dad and Betty at Union Station, a historical landmark of a train station. Parking is pretty sparse immediately next to the station, but I lucked out and found a streetside slot opposite the entrance, with ten minutes to spare before their scheduled arrival. The train ran about five minutes late (sorry Mussolini), but given the recent performance of the airlines, this is trivial.

We took an hour to get back to Tualatin, then after checking them into their hotel, we sat and talked for awhile about how my father lived in Tualatin as a kid. He had an afterschool job as a caddy at the Tualatin Golf Course! Then it was off to find a place to eat. We did the Tualatin Outback restaurant, a place Jean and I have never eaten at despite living in Tualatin for several years. Food was pretty good, but way too much, too late in the day. We dropped the folks off and retired.

Now I'm just waiting to contact them before starting the day. Plans include the Beaverton Farmers Market and grocering, but as for what next, who knows? I don't know when I'll post next, be patient...


No comments:

Post a Comment